How to add a vessel to your profile
To add a boat, kayak, or any other type of vessel to your Float Plan Registry profile, follow these steps:
Navigate to the vessel edit page
- Login to your Float Plan Registry account.
- Choose Vessel -> Vessel List from the menu.
- From the Vessel List page, click the Add a boat near the bottom of the page.
Upload an image
- Click the Browse button to locate an image to upload.
- Click the Upload button to upload the image once you've located it.
Specify Vessel Location
There are three ways to specify the vessel Home Port:
- Enter the location where your boat is moored or your primary launch location in the Home Port field.
- If your location isn't in the auto-fill list, simply enter the information into the City, State/Province,
and country fields.
- Move the map pin to the exact location on the map. This will populate your address, latitude, and longitude.
- If your vessel has a name, enter it in the Boat Name field.
- Select your vessel Type, (Power, Sail, Kayak, Other).
- Enter your vessel length and select the unit of measure.
- Enter the Year, Make and Model.
- Enter the Hull and Cabin color.
- Specify the number of engines, if any.
- Select the vessel Fuel Type, (Gas, Diesel, Other).
- Enter the fuel capacity and unit of measure.
- Select the safety equipment items you have aboard.
- Optionally enter a description for your safety items.
- (Optional) Enter your Hull Identification Number.
- (Optional) Enter your State registration number.
- (Optional) Enter your Coast Guard Documentation Number.
If the this new vessel is one you wish to be automatically included in new float plans, click the Default?
When you are done entering information, click Save