How to add a Spot device to your profile
Adding a Spot tracking device to your Float Plan Registry profile allows your float plans
to show your real-time progress. When your contacts visit your float plan page, they will
see your Spot tracking messages overlaid on your itinerary map.
To add a new Spot tarcking device to your Float Plan Registry profile, follow these steps:
Navigate to the add Spot Device page
- Login to your Float Plan Registry account.
- Choose Profile -> SPOT Tracking from the menu.
- From the Spot Devices page, click the Add a New Device link near the bottom of the page.
Enter Device Information
- Enter the Spot device's Shared Page URL into the Shared Page Url field.
- If your Spot Shared Page is password protected, supply the password in the Page Password field.
- Click the Test Connection button. This will initiate a connection to the FindMeSpot servers verifying connection to your device.
- Select the Vessel to associate the device with.
- Click Save.